Our long experience with prenatal diagnosis and planning for optimum patient care allows us to offer the highest quality treatment whether intervention is indicated before or after birth.
Techniques of Fetal Intervention
Under the direction of founder Dr. Michael Harrison, the Fetal Treatment Center was the first institution to develop fetal surgery techniques. The first open fetal surgery in the world was performed at UCSF in the early 1980's. We are one of the most experienced institutions in performing fetal surgery and endoscopic fetal intervention (FETENDO fetal surgery). We are dedicated to fetal research, diagnosis, and treatment innovation.
We are experienced in diagnosing and treating a variety of conditions that appear before birth. The following is a list of guides on the major conditions that effect children before birth.
- Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum
- Amniotic Band Syndrome
- Bowel Obstruction
- CHAOS (Congenital High Airway Obstruction Syndrome)
- Congenital Pulmonary Airways Malformation
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Fetal Anemia & Thrombocytopenia
- Inherited Genetic Diseases Treatable With Stem Cells
- Monochorionic Twins
- Pulmonary Sequestration
- Sacrococcygeal Teratoma (SCT)
- Spina Bifida (Myelomeningocele)
- TRAP Sequence or Acardiac Twin
- Twin Pregnancy Complications
- Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- Unequal Placental Sharing
- Urinary Tract Obstruction